Cassell's Latin DictionaryBook - 1968
?This new and revised Latin Dictionary is among the best of its kind, being reliable, compact and adequate for the needs of all save the specialist. He has produced what is in effect a new book, typographically easy to consult and combining elegance with utility.? -The Times Literary Supplement
- Incorporates modern English idiom and current Latin spelling.
- Includes general classical information where appropriate.
- Shows long and short vowels where not immediately apparent.
- Indicates irregular plural forms.
- Cites and quotes ancient classical authors.
- Suggests paraphrases to express modern English in classical Latin form.
Baker & Taylor
The dictionary incorporates modern English idiom and current Latin spelling and includes general classical information where appropriate