Spirituality for DummiesBook - 2000
A quiet voice within is telling you that there is more to life than what you can perceive with your five senses. Sometimes you feel that the material world, with all its cares and vanities is a veil of illusions beyond which lies a truth that transcends race, gender, ethnicity, status, family, job and worldly ambitions. Christ, Buddha, Muhammad, Lao-tsu, Plato, and other spiritual teachers down through the ages dedicated their lives to the pursuit of that that higher truth, and their words live on to inspire us. Because it extends beyond matter, spirituality cannot be fully expressed in words, but the spirit exists inside you, and hearing the right words may trigger your own awakening to higher perception.
A book that will exhilarate your mind and inflame your soul, Spirituality For Dummies puts you on the path to living a more spiritual life. Author Sharon Janis simplifies not-so-simple concepts from an array of spiritual disciplines and shows you how to:
- Incorporate spirituality into your everyday life
- Uplift relationships with all the people in your life
- Strengthen the connection between body and mind
- Fulfill your dreams through affirmations
- Grow through adversity
- Use spiritual practices to bring meaning into your life
In plain English, Janis explores spiritual ideas from a variety of religious and philosophical texts in combination with relevant psychological and scientific research. Topics covered include:
- Uncovering your own spirit and expanding your awareness
- How science and spirituality fit together
- Spiritual practices to energize your body, empower your mind, and nourish your spirit
- Cultivating compassion, truthfulness, humility and other spiritual virtues
- Moving from greed and worldly attachments to spiritual freedom
- Seeking spirituality in every moment
Spirituality For Dummies also includes a bonus audio CD featuring more than 60 minutes of inspirational music, including:
- Gospel songs from the Agape international choir
- Eastern songs and chants performed in their native languages
- Christian chanting by the Desert Fathers
A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first humble step. Spirituality For Dummies brings spirituality down to earth to help you on take your first humble steps toward higher consciousness.
Baker & Taylor
A user-friendly discussion of practically integrating a spiritual vision and everyday life avoids overly mystical and confusing language while concretely discussing a wide variety of life-affirming spiritual practices and traditions, including meditation, ritual, and prayer. Original.
Mixes spiritual concepts from various cultures with psychology, focusing on Sanskrit and Christian traditions, and includes a compact disc with inspirational music.