Haemoglobinopathy DiagnosiseBook - 2006
This unique book is written by Barbara Bain, a leading haematologist with a reputation for her educational prowess in the field.
It provides a concise overview of the haemoglobinopathies and focuses on the selection, performance, and interpretation of relevant laboratory tests. The tests dealt with are mainly those done regularly in diagnostic haematology laboratories. Where more specialist tests are required, the reader is given an overview of what the specialist centre will do, with guidance on what the result will imply.
This book is extremely practical in orientation and is an essential reference volume in the haematology laboratory.
Haemoglobinopathy Diagnosis is ideal for:
- Trainees and residents in haematology
- Hematologists in practice
- Laboratory scientists
Why Buy This Book?
- New Edition - Fully updated, with 43 new pictures and 37 pages of illustrated clinical cases to use for teaching and self-evaluation
- Essential reference volume for the haematology laboratory
- Focuses on diagnosis
- Very practical in its approach
- In addition to the self-assessment case studies, contains "test your knowledge" sections at the end of every chapter
- Remarkably comprehensive for a compact book