Haemoglobinopathy DiagnosiseBook - 2006
This unique book is written by Barbara Bain, a leadinghaematologist with a reputation for her educational prowess in thefield.
It provides a concise overview of the haemoglobinopathies andfocuses on the selection, performance, and interpretation ofrelevant laboratory tests. The tests dealt with are mainly thosedone regularly in diagnostic haematology laboratories. Where morespecialist tests are required, the reader is given an overview ofwhat the specialist centre will do, with guidance on what theresult will imply.
This book is extremely practical in orientation and is anessential reference volume in the haematology laboratory.
Haemoglobinopathy Diagnosis is ideal for:
- Trainees and residents in haematology
- Hematologists in practice
- Laboratory scientists
Why Buy This Book?
- New Edition - Fully updated, with 43 new pictures and 37 pagesof illustrated clinical cases to use for teaching andself-evaluation
- Essential reference volume for the haematology laboratory
- Focuses on diagnosis
- Very practical in its approach
- In addition to the self-assessment case studies, contains "testyour knowledge" sections at the end of every chapter
- Remarkably comprehensive for a compact book