Gruber's SAT Word Master
The Most Effective Way to Learn the Most Important SAT Vocabulary WordseBook - 2009
Presents tips and strategies for determining the meaning of unknown words; discusses key prefixes, roots, and suffixes; reviews 2300 words; and offers fifty practice tests.
Gary Gruber presents a new guide for students honing their vocabulary for the SAT.
Gary Gruber presents a new guide for students honing their vocabulary for the SAT. With more tools and lists than the competition, this guide goes beyond just words and
definitions to also give:
- Prefixes and roots that denote the same meaning or feeling
- Commonly confused words
- The 291 most frequent SAT words
- 50 vocabulary tests
For more than 30 years, Dr. Gary Gruber has been the leading authority on testing and test preparation. The exclusive Gruber Method has helped students raise their SAT scores by as much as 600 points. These strategies show students how to think best about problems and can be used consistently on every test.
THE MOST TRUSTED METHODS:
- More schools use Dr. Gruber's books for SAT courses than any other SAT books.
- PBS chose Dr. Gruber to train teachers nationally to improve the nation's SAT scores.
- Sylvan Learning Centers contracted Dr. Gruber exclusively to create and develop national SAT and ACT courses to increase scores and critical thinking abilities.
WHAT STUDENTS AND PARENTS ARE SAYING:
"In just two hours, you were able to boost my son Lance's SAT scores by 200 points."
Amy Loomis, Mill Valley, CA
"I've gone through almost all the SAT books I can get ahold of, and so far the best is the Gruber's SAT book. I wish I could have found it earlier."
"With the aid of your books, my scores improved so dramatically that I am now anticipating acceptance into schools that I was reluctant to even apply to."
Lauren Frascieloo, Princeton, NJ
"In regards to the breadth and quality of material offered, the difference between Gruber's and other publications is quite astonishing. Indeed, only Gruber's deserves the highest recommendation in SAT preparation."